Next Training Course Dates, click the date links to book
Subscribe to our Colourful Semantics Newsletter to hear about dates of upcoming courses and new resources
Alison Bryan will run through the Colourful Semantics approach and its use in settings and therapy.
If you would like to request a space on either of these dates please click the date links above or go to the Eventbrite website or app. (NB. You can pay by card or request an invoice as part of the checkout process)
We also offer a follow up course for previous attendees of the basic training – the next dates will be announced shortly. Follow this link for more information.
Alternatively you can register your interest in future dates using the form below.
Does your school want to use Colourful Semantics
We can place a therapist trained in colourful semantics in your school, to set up whole class approaches, small group and 1;1 colourful semantics work.
We are also now offering remote support sessions to help you set up programmes and aid with the creation of resources and implementation of targets and measurable goals. See here for more information or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org to book some flexible remote SLT support with Colourful Semantics or more general SLT support.
Like our new Facebook resources page to get all the latest themed resources to use with your classes or therapy groups.
What is Colourful Semantics
Colourful Semantics is the ‘meaning of the words’ and this is made colourful by breaking down and colour coding different parts of a sentence. Colourful Semantics is a speech and language therapy intervention that indirectly works on developing a child’s grammar through the use of:
- Spoken sentences
- Answering W/H questions
- Use of nouns, verbs, prepositions and adjectives
- Story telling skills
- Written sentences and language comprehension
You will be able to work through the Colourful Semantics programme to encourage the child to create sentences. This is initially taught by focusing on sorting out colours, which will then progress to an understanding that there are different parts that make up a sentence.
The overall aim is for the child to eventually produce grammatical and informational sentences.
The 4 key levels are:
Level 1 – Who? The Dog. Subject -( ORANGE)
Level 2 – What doing? Is playing with. Verb – (Yellow)
Level 3 – What? The Ball. Object (Green)
Level 4 – Where? In the Garden. Location (Blue)
Colourful Semantics resources
Alternatively you can like and follow our Facebook Resources page to see the latest themed resources.
Many of our resources are topic based to help you support curriculum themes across each term.
Typical agenda for full day course
- What is it? Where does it come from?
- Theoretical underpinning
- Learning and practising the basics – CORE LEVEL
- CORE LEVEL – application
- BROAD and NARROW level – application
- Your next steps?
- CS Classroom implementation strategies
Who can attend
The main course is open to SENCos / Teachers / Teaching Assistants / Speech and Language Therapists – we are planning to run parent courses shortly
Terms & Conditions
- In booking a space all delegates agree to provide a minimum of 30 days notice of cancellation and acknowledge they will not be refunded their booking fee should notice not be received, a replacement delegate / colleague can be sent on the day should you not be able to attend.
- Your place will only be confirmed once ITS receives payment, if you elect to pay by invoice your space will be held until the due date of the invoice (7 days from receipt) – if payment is not made within the 7days your space may be released for sale.
- Joining instructions, including directions to the venue, will be emailed to you one or two weeks before the course commences. This will contain details of how to get to the venue and an up to date agenda.
Register your interest for future dates via the form above or reserve your place via Eventbrite for the current events