Over 60% of young people in the youth justice system have speech, language and communication needs (SLCN). This is known to lead to low self-esteem, poor educational attainment, difficulties with social integration, early disengagement from school, and most importantly, a higher rate of re-offending.
Integrated Treatment Services can provide a wide range of therapies to improve the prospects of young offenders. Our team of Speech and Language professionals and associated therapists can provide assessment and intervention, which are known to have enormous impact on producing successful outcomes for young offenders.
All of our therapists have an MDT understanding of Speech and Language Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Art therapies and Psychological services, so they can identify the need for MDT input throughout their work with your service users.
Our team can help you in a variety of ways. We can screen all young offenders for SLCN and train your Youth Offending Team to communicate more effectively with young people with SLCN. We can provide interventions to improve SLCN and create more accessible information to ensure that young offenders understand their supervision requirements.
Above all, we can improve the young person’s self-esteem and their ability to engage with the Youth Offending Team. We can give them the skills to grasp the requirements of a statutory order, understand the conditions of that order and attend appointments at pre-arranged times. We can help them read and understand information, take part in activities and programmes and plan for the future.
What you can expect from Integrated Treatment Services
- A fast response to your enquiry
- A free, no-obligation consultation with a lead therapist to answer all of your questions
- Online Skype meetings or conference calls to set up therapy in your service and to monitor input
- Assessment of your service’s overall needs and how young people with SLCN can reach their full potential. We will help you understand which therapies will best meet their needs
- A choice of therapists so that you can decide if they are right for your service
- A discussion regarding your service budget so that we can create the most cost-effective therapy plan
- A therapy manager within our service to oversee your therapy provision and provide you with a single point of contact
- Detailed assessments and baselines of your service users to provide a clear presentation of each person’s speech, language and communication needs (SLCN)
- Our therapists can call on specialist therapists to help meet the needs of young people with the most complex SLCN
- A quarterly management review to ensure that you are happy with the quality of treatment and service you are receiving
To find out how we can help improve your service for young people with SLCN, call us on 0845 038 2921 for a complimentary telephone consultation or you can also email firstname.lastname@example.org
Get in touch using our confidential enquiry form