Integrated Treatment Services is a rapidly growing company and we are frequently recruiting for positions throughout the United Kingdom.
We work with 1:1 clients in both the paediatric and adult fields within community clinics, schools and the client’s home. We also work with dozens of schools throughout London and the UK. Our therapists are contracted to work within our schools settings, and our community and clinic therapists are recruited to work within their local area; offering them the maximum flexibility to build a caseload which suits them.
You can view our current occupational therapy vacancies below. The OT must have their own insurance and preferably have their own standard equipment and clinical supervision.
London – Occupational Therapist Vacancies
Occupation Therapist required for postcode areas DA8 and BR2, some remote work is also acceptable for admin etc
The following is a brief on the requirements of the 14 hours OT (2 days) role at the above placement:
- Independently managing a caseload of approximately 25-30 college pupils age 16-19 years with Special Educational Needs as an autonomous practitioner and providing Occupational Therapy as outlined in their individual Educational Health Care Plans.
- Providing written reports where appropriate for contributing to EHC plans and transition from college to further placements for pupils with a variety of diagnosis including ASD, ADHD, complex physical needs, dyspraxia and developmental delay.
- Individual assessments, direct intervention and advice for developing fine motor and sensory-motor skills, cognitive and/or social and life skills, activities of daily living, visual perception, sensory processing skills and managing upper limb tone, positioning and function.
- Advice and provision of specialist equipment or adaptations to the college environment such as adapted cutlery, kitchen equipment, specialist seating, manual handling equipment and small aids to promote emotional regulation and handwriting.
- Reviews and progress summary reports contributing to academic year annual reviews.
- Communication with pupils, their families and teaching staff to identify OT goals.
- Devising individual therapy targets and programmes to facilitate achieving EHC plan therapy goals.
- Training and advice for teaching assistants and teachers on topics such as understanding and promoting sensory processing and emotional regulation.
- Writing safety guidelines for recommended equipment i.e. weighted blankets & weighted garments.
- Collaborative treatment sessions with Speech and Language Therapists and Physiotherapy professionals.
- Attending meetings with senior college staff, teachers and Ta’s to discuss Occupational Therapy needs of individual pupils.
- Monitoring, evaluating and modifying as appropriate, interventions for pupils with multiple and/or complex needs to measure progress and ensure effectiveness of intervention.
- Referrals to community services and working collaboratively with other health professionals involved in individual pupil care i.e. Learning Disabilities Team.
- The OT should preferably have own supervision in place. They need their own insurance and equipment.
Occupational Therapist required for postcode area TW7
- Mainstream school setting
- Ages from primary to 16 years of age
- Activities to support sensory integration (e.g. ‘heavy work’)
- Strategies for development of attention skills, visual perceptual skills and self-care/self-help skills
- Core strengthening and postural control programme/ gross motor and heavy muscle activities
- Most provision is: fine and gross motor development, core strengthening, and support for sensory integration/sensory seeking behaviours.
- Start ASAP for the remainder of the academic year
- The OT needs to have their own supervision, equipment and insurance
Occupational Therapist Required for Postcode Area TW8
- To start ASAP for sessions 2 x 3.5 hour session in June and July and then continuing through to the new academic year from September 2021.
- From September the OT will be required for 1 x 3.5 hour session per term (9 sessions per year)
- The caseload is 4 children with EHCP’s requiring OT with an additional 1-2 pupils
If you cannot find a vacancy suitable for you but you would like to find out more about joining our team and becoming a member of our therapist bank, please get in touch by completing our careers enquiry form indicating clearly your clinical and geographical preferences.